|Arwen pretending to be Guinevere|
But after so long I don't know what to do without Guinevere. It sounds pathetic, I know, but...I miss her. *the sound of violins swells in the background*
So here's how I've been biding my time...
- balancing my checkbook (um...hadn't done that in 1 1/2 years)
- potty training my three-year-old daughter (no liquid gold in the froggy potty yet)
- going on actual dates with my husband...what a novelty!
- reading three books on writing and revising (my favorite so far is The First Five Pages: A Writer's Guide to Staying Out of the Rejection Pile by Noah Lukeman)
- buying three more writing books
- entering a bunch of Online contests for pitches and the first 150 of my MS
- registering for a writers' conference
- committing to attending a writers' retreat with my friends in March
- watching a lot of TV and movies (Fringe is back on. Woot, woot!)
- working for the Utah Hemophilia Foundation (well, I do that anyway, but I didn't want my bread and butter--and fabulous friends there--to think I'd forgotten them)
- reading many author and agent blogs
- beta reading a novel for my crit partner (Robin, you go, girl!)
- critiquing three chapters for my other crit partners
- scariest of all (balancing my checkbook was scary) finally emailing my crit partners my MS yesterday. I've been going back and forth with whether or not I should let them read it at this point, knowing it needs so much cutting. But I braved up and decided in a sheer moment of GENIUS, they could help me with that!
My battle ax and I will be ready...I think.