Monday, April 16, 2012

Fourteen Years and Still Going Strong

I spent half of the last week on an anniversary trip with my husband to southern Utah. We've been married fourteen years now, people! One thing I found so refreshing about Jason when I first met him was how he appreciated and totally got my goofy sense of humor. So he surprised me on our trip with some things he'd prepared to make me laugh. First of all, he had me listen to four songs he'd recorded for me. Most were super silly, like an overtly cheesy rendition of "Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin'" from Oklahoma, and a crazy take on Pete Yorn & Scarlett Johansson's "Relator." He even did an 80's remix of a song I wrote in elementary school. I cried through my laughter when I listened to it because it was so embarrassing (for me) and so funny! Later, Jason showed me some pictures he Photoshopped of us. On the back he wrote why we are JUST like these couples. (His reasons were pretty hilarious.) I had to share some of the pics...

Peeta & Katniss (This is from a pic of me blowing out birthday candles. I look cross-eyed!)

Ron & Hermione

Aragorn & Arwen (This one's my favorite. Look how smug Jason is.)   


Elizabeth & Darcy (This one frightens me!)

Edward & Bella & Jacob (Did you notice Jason used the same pic of himself four times?)

7 comments:

  1. Oh my awesomeness. Jason gets the super awesome husband award. The pictures are SO great. I'm glad you guys were about to get away together. Ron and Hermione is my fav. Love that Jason is Edward and Jack:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow I LOVE this. Jason is hilarious and romantical at the same time. I'm glad you got to get away. As Darcy, Jason doesn't look photoshopped, it's so real. You're an adorable Arwen (very Rowanessesque), and the intense Twilight pic cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Robin and Ilima, the thought that went into these pics, clearly shows how much he adores you! Plus, they are hilarious. I love the pic of you as Katniss.

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE these wonderful photos! So adorable and funny.

    I truly believe a shared sense of humor is so important in any relationship. It's right up there with great communication and, of course, love. :) I think you've got a keeper there, Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, you two are adorably funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha ha! I quite like these mash-up photos! XD Too adorable.

    -Barb the French Bean

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures are great! (I said this with the same voice as Tony the Tiger) Happy Anniversary! Your husband is thoughtful, witty and romantic. He's a keeper! Clearly you two love each other very very much.

    ReplyDelete